18.-22. 7. 2014 Tirgu Mures, RO
show.Rooms_global took place in 2014 in Romania and Austria. The connection to the club Zauberberg, which defined the taboo subject that was to be shown, was made by the guide Ildiko Kovac. Since she lives and works both in Villach and Tirgu Mures, she qualified as a guide in this project. As a result of the cooperation, the association Zauberberg designed and realized an intervention on the premises of a business, a shop for lights, entitled "Why Feminism?”
"Feminism has a hundred-year history in Europe, yet it has not yet succeeded to beat roots in our country (Romania). Why would one need feminism? We seek answers to these questions together; by means of an interactive presentation we show women and their fate."
Venue: Tîrgu Mureş, Predeal Str. No. 5
Event time: 18.-22. July, 2014
Organizer: schau.Räume Villach, Austria & Zauberberg Association Tîrgu Mureş, Romania
Host: Zauberberg Verein www.zauberberg.ro
Sebesi Izsák Ildikó - Journalist (short film: We're starting to see)
Kovács Franciska Mária-visual artist (colored graphics)
Magyarosi Réka, Kertész Katalin, Both Gyula, Fülöp Jenő, Tordai Ede (Photographs)
In an exhibition space the project "Graffiti live" took place.
Film documentation: Krisztina Kerekes
18. July: 6 pm Opening: The organizers and hosts present the project and the exhibition. Moderation: Imola Kovács and Katrin Ackerl Konstantin
19. July: open 4 – 8 pm, from 6 pm: conversation with Ágnes Sántha: Work-life balance.
20. July: open 12noon – 8 pm, from 6 pm: biography workshop* with Rosalia Kopeinig
21. July: open 4 – 8 pm, from 6 pm: biography workshop* with Rosalia Kopeinig
22. July: open 4 – 8 pm, from 6 pm: Closure: show.Rooms in conversation with the association Zauberberg;
* Workshops with biography and remembrance work – a resource-oriented process-based approach.
The project was funded by: Federal Chancellery of Austria, Government of Carinthia, City of Villach
show.Rooms_global is an intervention in a vacancy on a marginalized topic, which is set by artists and researchers. Following a premiere abroad the project is invited to be realized in Austria. A more detailed explanation of the format can be found here.