10. - 14. 9. 2014 Villach, AT
The production "Why Feminism?", which was developed and realized in Romania, was initiated by show.Rooms and was shown in September 2014 in a vacant business location in Villach. In addition, workshops and contributions by regional guests also inspired dialogues on feminism in Austria. In connection with this, "the transcultural space" was explored.
Venue: Postgasse 5
Event time: 10. - 14. 9. 2014
Organizer: schau.Räume Villach, Austria & Zauberberg Association Tîrgu Mureş, Romania. www.zauberberg.ro
Host: show. Rooms
Sebesi Izsák Ildikó - Journalist (short film: We're starting to see)
Kovács Franciska Mária-visual artist (colored graphics)
Magyarosi Réka, Kertész Katalin, Both Gyula, Fülöp Jenő, Tordai Ede (Photographs)
In an exhibition space the project "Graffiti live" took place.
Film documentation: Krisztina Kerekes
8. and 9. September Biography workshop* with Rosalia Kopeinig for interested persons
10. September: 7 pm Opening: The organizers and hosts present the project and the exhibition. Moderation: Ildiko Kovács and Katrin Ackerl Konstantin
11. September: open from 4 pm; 7 pm: Documentary: "We're starting to see" and conversation with journalist Ildiko Sebesi Iszák and gender researcher Utta Isop "Feminist role models - a comparison".
12. September: open from 4 pm; 7 pm: Open conversation with the Romanian and Hungarian community about the perception of feminism in Austria and Romania.
13. September: open from 4 pm; 7 pm: "Beautiful Carinthia"? Representatives of art, culture, politics and business discuss feminist perceptions in Carinthia.
14. September: auf_räumen (collect) und nach_hallen (reflect) with the organizers, press experts, cooperation partners and all involved.
* Workshops with biography and remembrance work – a resource-oriented process-based approach.
The project was funded by: Federal Chancellery of Austria, Government of Carinthia, City of Villach
show.Rooms_global is an intervention in a vacancy on a marginalized topic, which is set by artists and researchers. Following a premiere abroad the project is invited to be realized in Austria. A more detailed explanation of the format can be found here.